Coronavirus Update 19.3.2020

Dear Parent/Carers

The authority have issued guidance regarding the provision of educational work for children with the schools closing on Friday.

We understand the schools closing will be very stressful for children and families. Roslin is a wonderful community and we know you will all support each other through a challenging time. Please find attached a detailed letter for parents as well as useful ideas for home learning.


Coronavirus update

Please click on the links below for more information

  • Communication from our Road Safety Manager: Due to the government restrictions on over 70’s and underlying health issues we are operating a skelton service regarding crossing guides. Please see list below.  The locations are likely to decrease with people developing symptoms, and we will try to keep you up to date, but we can’t guarantee a crossing guide at any location, as notice periods may be short. Only the following locations will have crossing patrols as of this afternoon:

Bogwood Road

Eskbank Toll

Mauricewood Road

Eastfield Drive

Cuiken Terrace

Rosewell Road

Pendreich Drive

Clerk Street Engine Road

Bogwood Road / Westhouses Road

Rosewell Road

Carlops Road

John Street

Barleyknowe Road


  • Please be advised that from tomorrow (Wednesday 18th March) all Active school Clubs and Judo Lessons are cancelled.


  • Please be advised that we have just been informed by Midlothian Council Catering Department that from tomorrow (Wednesday 18th March), there will be no hot lunches in schools. Only soup and packed lunches will available.


Ideas for Learning at Home during emergency closures

Read, Write, Count Parent Survey 19/20

Has your child received a P2 or P3 Read Write Count bag this autumn/winter?

Please let us know what you thought by filling out the Parent survey:

The prize draw for parents is a personal Read Write Count GOODIE BAG filled with books, games and activities for all the family to enjoy.

 The deadline to complete this is Monday 9 March 2020.